• How do I access low vision or vision rehabilitation services?
Please contact Lighthouse Central Florida at 407-898-2483, or click this link to refer someone. A representative from Lighthouse will contact you in response.
• In addition to Lighthouse Central Florida, what are some other resources for blind and sight impaired individuals?
Visit our "Resources" page, under the "Learn More" tab, for a list of local and national resources that may be able to help.
• What is Vision Rehabilitation?
“Vision Rehabilitation” is a process where people experiencing vision loss learn new ways to approach tasks and daily living.
• Where are you located?
We are located just north of Downtown Orlando in the College Park area. Our address is 215 East New Hampshire St. Orlando, FL 32804. We also have a new office housing our administrative offices at 421 East Robinson Street Orlando, FL 32801.
• How long are Independent Living Skills classes?
ILS classes are 5 hours a day, 2 times a week (Monday & Wednesday, or Tuesday & Thursday), for 7 weeks.
• Do you provide transportation?
No, but there are transportation services that do provide transportation for blind and sight impaired individuals, such as, Access Lynx, and ITN (Independent Transportation Network).
• Do you provide assistance for transportation?
Assistance for transportation is based upon individual needs. Please speak with one of our client services coordinators if you meet the requirements for transportation assistance.